We need better feed for our food. By 2050, we will need to double global meat production to keep up with growing demand. The current means of producing livestock feed are inefficient and costly.
- 30% of crop production goes to feed livestock
- Up to 60% of feed and food is wasted
- Feed makes up 50% of the cost of our meat
At Beta Hatch, we see these problems as opportunity. Our insect-rearing technology converts mealworms and their waste into high-value proteins, oils, and nutrients for agriculture. Our IP enables insects to cost-effectively meet the global scale of demand for animal feed and crop fertilizer.
- Mealworms are great feed for aquaculture and poultry with 56% protein and 32% fat content.
- Frass aka insect poop, is a complete organic fertilizer rich in soluble nitrogen (2-3-2).
Virginia Emery, Founder and Insect Entrepreneur