Supporting Regional CleanTech Startups
In 2016, the CleanTech Alliance launched the Cascadia CleanTech Accelerator in partnership with OregonBEST. The 12-week program helps early and late-state companies cross the valleys of death that stand between a new idea and full integration into the market. Program participants hone their business plans, products and market delivery, while also making great industry connections. CleanTech Alliance and Oregon BEST deliver access to an extensive regional network of cleantech expertise, mentorship from organizations and research labs, and other forms of support. The program also has a customized curriculum. Read more on each of these services:
- Mentorship from cleantech industry leaders to help with business planning, intellectual property protection, marketing, financing and more.
- Connections throughout the networks of both Oregon BEST and the CleanTech Alliance to provide access to industry leaders, service providers and investors from across the region.
- Hands-on business and financing workshops to assist with business model creation, product development, market development and funding strategies.
- Customer discovery assistance to hone minimally viable product and go-to-market strategy.
- Company and brand visibility from established CleanTech Alliance and Oregon BEST industry events, programs and marketing outreach.
- Access to prize money through a competition that offers three cash prizes totaling $10,000, plus in-kind services from Accelerator partners.
The Cascadia CleanTech Accelerator is a perfect opportunity to accelerate your business without giving up any equity or ownership rights. Because it’s non-dilutive, startups can take part in the program as a standalone offering or as an add-on with other business accelerators or incubators. Contact Gabe Boeckman to learn more.
Become a Cascadia CleanTech Mentor
Are you an experienced entrepreneur or business leader looking to advance Washington State’s cleantech economy? Become a Cascadia CleanTech mentor and help accelerate entrepreneurs and emerging companies across the Pacific Northwest. On average, mentors spend approximately two hours per month with their mentees over the course of a 12-week program. Longer relationships, however, are encouraged and often forged.
Generalist mentors are experienced entrepreneurs and business leaders with proven records of success in relevant cleantech industries or innovation-driven startups. Generalist mentors become a champion for their mentees, helping them:
- Build excellent business plans
- Gain customer discovery feedback
- Make strategic connections
- Fine-tune investor pitches
- Create strong employee teams
Tapping world-class expertise in key functional disciplines like finance, marketing, engineering, sustainability and legal is vital for entrepreneurial success. Specialist mentors are an elite group of subject matter experts acting as ongoing resources across a broad range of categories, including:
- Business plan development
- Sales/business development
- Manufacturing and supply chain management
- Financing, funding and investor pitching
- Accounting and tax preparation
- Marketing and public relations
- Export and foreign trade
- Team building and human resources
Interested in becoming a Cascadia CleanTech mentor or receiving mentorship? Contact Gabe Boeckman to learn more.