CleanTech Alliance committees are a popular way to get engaged and meet other Alliance members while helping to build the region’s cleantech economy. Each committee is led by a member of the CleanTech Alliance Board of Directors. You must be an Alliance member to participate.
Members who are interested in joining a committee can contact Rachelle Ames for more information.
Economic Development Committee
The CleanTech Alliance Membership Committee serves as the front line to attract and retain membership. An ambassador program helps committee members connect with cleantech industry leaders from across the region, filling them in on membership benefits.
The Membership Committee meets on the first Thursday of the month from 10:00-11:00AM Pacific. If you are interested in joining, contact Rachelle Ames.
- Chair: Jared Silvia, BlueDot Photonics
Government Affairs Committee
The CleanTech Alliance Government Affairs Committee analyzes public policy issues relevant to our diverse membership, then articulates recommendations to the Board of Directors for an Alliance position. It is through these efforts that the strength of a collective industry voice can have greater impact than any singular voice.
The Government Affairs Committee meets on the first Monday of the month from 3:00 to 4:30 PM Pacific. For more information, contact Lindsay McCormick or Mel Clark.
- Chair: Susan Champlain, Boeing
The CleanTech Alliance Events Committee recommends speakers, topics and formats for the annual Signature Events, which are:
- CleanTech Day in Olympia held in January
- CleanTech Innovation Showcase held in the month of June
- CleanTech Alliance Block Party held in the Fall, in the month of November
- Energy Leadership Summit held in the month of November
- CleanTech Alliance Quarterly Board Meetings (4 events)
- Q1 is held in conjunction with CleanTech Day in Olympia
- Q2 is held outside of the Greater Seattle area with member visits included
- Q3 is an extended meeting with an extra hour for strategic planning
- Q4 is held in the Greater Seattle area
- CleanTech Alliance Lunch Series held on the second Wednesday in September through April (except for November and December)
The Events Committee meets on the first Wednesday of the month from 9:00 to 10:00 AM Pacific.
If you are a member interested in participating, contact Jennifer Audet.
- Chair: Gabe Boeckman, McKinstry
The Governance Committee maintains the CleanTech Alliance governing guidelines, policies and bylaws. Participation is open to Board of Directors only.
- Chair: David Benson, K&L Gates
Justice, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion (JEDI) Committee
The CleanTech Alliance is reaffirming its commitment to Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (JEDI) by assembling a committee to help us evaluate our progress towards our goals. The JEDI committee helps us to ensure that all our work is grounded in our JEDI objectives, from our hiring practices, to selecting speakers for events, to mentoring and more.
The JEDI Committee meets quarterly. If you are interested in being a part of this group or want to recommend a great candidate, please contact Mel Clark.