The CleanTech Challenge: Reverse Pitch highlights how innovators, entrepreneurs and startups can partner with corporations, utilities, and government entities in the northwest cleantech ecosystem. Each session will focus on specific needs (both current and future) that the purchasers are looking for external partners and collaborators on. Targeted B2B meetings will be available for researchers, innovators and entrepreneurs to sign up for, if they fit the general needs of the entities presenting.
The webinar will include: utilities and corporate reverse pitch presentations, and a government procurement session.
Past March 25th Agenda:
All times Pacific.
1:00 pm – Welcome & Introduction
CleanTech Alliance staff
Jérôme Pischella, Consul and Senior Trade Commissioner – Consulate General of Canada in Seattle
1:05 pm – Washington state utilities focus area presentations
Introduction by: Dr. Glenn Blackmon, Manager – Energy Policy Office, Washington State Department of Commerce, State Energy Office. Topics: Washington State Clean Energy Transition Act (CETA) and Washington State’s 2021 State Energy Strategy.
- Cam LeHouillier, Manager – Energy Research & Development – Tacoma Power
- Topics: demand response, electrofuels/green hydrogen, port electrification
- Jared Knode, Energy & Professional Services Manager – Energy Services & Development, Energy Northwest
- Topics: TBA
- Curt Kirkeby, Fellow Electrical Engineer – Technology Strategy, Avista Power
- Topics: Avista’s carbon goals, 100% clean energy rules, active energy management opportunities
1:40 pm – Networking
1:50 pm – Corporate reverse pitch presentations
- Kathleen Jurman, Corporate Technology Scout, Dow Ventures & New Business Development
- Topics: green chemistry, biomaterials
- Roberto Aiello, Managing Director, Itron Idea Labs
- Topics: energy, water and smart city management
- Neste (speaker TBA)
2:35 pm – Networking
2:45 pm – How to do business with Washington State (Government procurement session)
Introduction: Hanna Waterstrat, Director – Office of State Efficiency and Environmental Performance (SEEP), Washington State Department of Commerce
Erin Lopez Nielsen, Business Diversity Initiatives Manager, Washington State Department of Enterprise Services
Elena McGrew, Procurement Strategist Supervisor, Washington State Department of Enterprise Services
This session will be an overview generally how to be eligible for state contract bids, where to find them, upcoming open green bid contracts, and other types of contracting with the state.
3:15 pm – Networking
Who Should Attend?
- Those interested in partnering with utilities, larger corporations & government offices on cleantech work