Topics for U.S. Department of Energy FY17 SBIR/STTR Phase I grants have been issued and are available at: http://science.energy.gov/sbir/funding-opportunities/.
The following DOE program offices are participating in this solicitation:
- Office of Defense Nuclear Nonproliferation (NA)
- Office of Electricity Delivery and Energy Reliability (OE)
- Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE)
- Office of Fossil Energy (FE)
- Office of Fusion Energy Sciences (FES)
- Office of High Energy Physics (HEP)
- Office of Nuclear Energy (NE)
Upcoming Topics Webinar
Please register for one or both of the DOE SBIR/STTR Topics webinars and hear directly from the DOE Topic Managers as they briefly provide insight into their respective topics.
- Webinar 1: NA, FE, OE, and NE: Monday, November 07, 2016: Register by clicking here
- Webinar 2: EERE: Tuesday, November 08, 2016: Register by clicking here
- Webinar 3: HEP and FES: Wednesday, November 09, 2016: Register by clicking here
These webinars are scheduled for 90 minutes or less and during registration you will be able to submit questions in advance as well as during each webinar. If you can’t attend the live webinars, each will be recorded. But, you must register for that specific webinar to automatically receive an email with the recording link.
Please note, Technology Transfer Topics will not be discussed in these webinars. Please contact the TTO point of contact directly as listed in the Topics document on the DOE SBIR/STTR web site.
Funding Opportunity Announcement Webinar
DOE will hold a webinar to discuss the Funding Opportunity Announcement and application process on Friday, December 02, 2016. Important changes to the DOE SBIR and STTR programs for the coming year will also be addressed.
Important Upcoming Dates:
- Topics Released: Monday, October 31, 2016
- Funding Opportunity Announcement Issued: Monday, November 28, 2016
- Letter of Intent Due Date: Monday, December 19, 2016
- Application Due Date: Tuesday, February 7, 2016
- Award Notification Date: Monday, May 1, 2017*
- Start of Grant Budget Period: Monday, June 21, 2017*
*Dates Subject to Change