CleanTech Alliance, the nation’s leading regional clean technology industry association, elected Craig Husa as 2018 Board Chair. Husa is CEO of SuperCritical Technologies, and a long-time entrepreneur and leader in the cleantech sector. He replaces Steve Klein of Klein Tech Advisors Group who served two terms as Board Chair.
The CleanTech Alliance Board of Directors elected eight new officers in total, including:
- Chair: Craig Husa; CEO, SuperCritical Technologies
- Vice Chair: Reeves Clippard; CEO and Founder, A&R Solar
- Treasurer: Tom Redd; President of Pyrolyx USA
- Secretary: Susan Betcher; Partner, Perkins Coie
- Membership Chair: Jamie Boyd; Managing Director, Cascadia Capital
- Events Chair: Jimmy Jia; CEO, Distributed Energy Management
- Government Affairs Chair: Russ Weed, Vice President of Business Development & General Counsel, UniEnergy Technologies
- Governance Chair: David Benson; Partner, K&L Gates
“The success of the sector hinges on the great and active leaders of our companies and organizations,” said J. Thomas Ranken, President & CEO of the CleanTech Alliance. “The CleanTech Alliance provides the platform for an engaged leadership to be even more influential.”
“The connections fostered by the CleanTech Alliance help push the boundaries of cleantech, while building an economic engine for our region,” Husa said. “I look forward to engaging further as Board Chair.”
Each elected officer also serves on the CleanTech Alliance Executive Committee, a sub-group within the Board of Directors that provides oversight and direction to the organization. Four additional Executive Committee members were also appointed, including:
- Cheryl Schell; Trade Commissioner, Consulate General of Canada
- Jim Gaston; General Manger, Energy Services & Development, Energy Northwest
- Daniel Schwartz; Director, University of Washington Clean Energy Institute
- Malin Young; Deputy Director Science & Technology, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
The CleanTech Alliance also welcomed four new board members, including:
- Jerry Bush; President & CEO, University Mechanical Contractors
- Justin Park; Attorney, Romero Park P.S.
- Jameson Schwetz; Director of Business Development, Electrical Industry Group Northwest
- Keith VanderZanden; Executive Vice President, Advanced Professionals Insurance & Benefit Solutions
The full roster of CleanTech Alliance Board of Directors and the Executive Committee is available on the CleanTech Alliance website.
About the CleanTech Alliance
CleanTech Alliance represents more than 300 member companies and organizations across the Northwest region. Founded in 2007 by business leaders, the organization facilitates the generation and growth of cleantech companies, jobs, products and services to advance the cleantech economy. CleanTech Alliance offers a range of business services and benefits uniquely designed to help businesses gain visibility, access services at a lower cost and benefit from public policy. Learn more at www.CleanTechAlliance.org.