Commerce is requesting written comments by July 13 on several draft rules
Following two recent workshops to discuss draft rule language, Commerce is requesting written comments on these sections:
- 194-40-040 – Compliance reporting for the GHG Neutral Standard.
- 194-40-050 – Submission of clean energy implementation plan.
- 194-40-230 – Compliance using 2% incremental cost threshold.
- 194-40-330 – Methodologies for energy efficiency and demand response resources.
- 194-40-340 – Acquisition of new resources other than renewable resources and energy storage.
- 194-40-350 – Use of alternative compliance options by utilities using 2% incremental cost threshold.
- 194-40-360 – Temporary exemption, demonstration of plan to achieve full compliance.
Some stakeholders have already submitted comments on these sections as part of the June 8 or June 15 comment rounds. In addition, please note that Commerce has not yet included section 360 in a workshop discussion but would like to get written comments anyway.
Workshop schedule changes and Bonneville Power Administration Presentation
Commerce is cancelling the July 14 workshops and adding presentation by the Bonneville Power Administration on Tuesday, July 14, 8 to 9 a.m. and a workshop on Monday, Aug. 3, from 1 to 4 pm. Meeting materials will be released ahead of these events.
Commerce developing tool to collect energy assistance program data pursuant to RCW 19.405.120(3)
Commerce has convened a technical advisory group (TAG) to support agency work on low-income energy assistance program data collection. The TAG will support development of a tool to collect utility program data as required by RCW 19.405.120(3)(b). A full scope of TAG work can be found on the Commerce webpage.
The tool will be tested among utility TAG members in the next month. Data collection will start July 31 and remain open until Nov. 13. Commerce will host a webinar on July 23 at 10 a.m. to demonstrate the survey tool and answer questions. Further details to follow. If you have questions about this process or the data tool, please contact Sarah Vorpahl (email@example.com).
Upcoming Events and Deadlines
Details on these events are available on the CETA rulemaking webpage.
|July 13||Comment deadline||Draft rule sections listed above|
|July 14||Webinar||Bonneville Power Administration presentation|
|July 23||Webinar||Utility data tool webinar|
|July 31||Data collection||Utility data collection starts|
|Sept. 2||Workshop||Streamlining EIA and CETA implementation|