Honoring entrepreneurs who have a passion to succeed.
The Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year Award program celebrates and recognizes entrepreneurs whose ingenuity, hard work and perseverance have created and sustained successful, growing business ventures. Originated in 1986 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, the Program has grown to 26 programs in the United States and has expanded to more than 140 cities in more than 50 countries around the world. The Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year Award has become the mark of world-class individuals leading world-class companies. We invite you to be part of this exciting Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year program and take your place among those honored. Self-nominations are accepted.
Application deadline: Friday, March 9, 2012
- Nominee must be the owner or manager of a private or public company who is primarily responsible for the
recent performance of the company or organization and an active member of top management for at least two years.
- Company must be at least two years old.
- Previous Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year Award finalists are eligible to be nominated. Previous award recipients are welcome to reapply for national consideration.
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Financial performance
- Strategic direction
- Community/global impact
- Personal integrity/influence
Benefits to nominee
- Increased brand awareness and positive publicity/recognition
- Business development opportunities
- Greater employee morale
- Validation of individual and company efforts
Key Dates for 2012 Pacific Northwest Program
- January – March — Nomination period
- March 9 — Application deadline
- April 3 — Semifinalists announced
- May 3 — Face-to-face interviews with judges at Seattle Ernst & Young office
- May 4 — Finalists announced
- May 17 – Finalist reception in Seattle (Location TBD)
- May 22, 23 or 29 — Finalist video filming at Seattle Ernst & Young office
- May 30 — Finalist video filming at the Portland Ernst & Young office
- June 15 — Awards gala at the Hyatt Regency Bellevue
How to apply: There are two ways to nominate someone for the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year awards program:
- On-line nomination form. https://eoy-nomination.ey.com/. You’re encouraged to submit your information vie the secure on-line application form. The on-line process allows you to attach electronic versions of the essay and your photo. There is also a box you must check that functions as your “electronic signature” on the on-line form.
- Paper / email application form to use within an email to send to the person who wan to nominate. Attached below.
The entire application form must be filled out to be reviewed by the judges. That includes attaching the two-page essay, completing the financial information in full, including an electronic photo and signing the form.
If you have additional questions, please contact the Pacific Northwest Region Program Manager, Rachel Anderson at +1 206 654 7633 or at email@example.com.