In the first half of 2012, the Northwest Energy Angels have invested $1,132,000 in six clean technology companies. The previous annual high investment year was $1.3 million in 2011.
“We offer promising, early stage clean technology companies not only capital, but expertise, passion and connections to help them accelerate their development,” said Byron McCann, co-chair of the Northwest Energy Angels. “We continue to be impressed with, and inspired by, the quality of ideas and entrepreneurs dedicated to advancing our country to a sustainable economy.”
Companies funded this year included:
- Pacific Light Technologies (www.pacificlighttech.com – Portland, OR)
- Indow Windows (www.indowwindows.com – Portland, OR)
- Greenwood Clean Energy (www.greenwoodusa.com – Bellevue, WA)
- Verlitics (formerly EMME) (www.verlitics.com – Portland, OR)
- FluxDrive (www.fluxdrive.com – Sumner, WA)
- Green Canopy Homes (www.greencanopyhomes.com – Seattle, WA)
Source: Northwest Energy Angels, Press Release, July 12, 2012.