Governor Jay Inslee on February 13 introduced a plan to revitalize Washington’s economy, create jobs, and ensure there are workers with the knowledge and skills to fill the jobs.
Proposed are efforts to:
- Invest to develop clean energy solutions
- Invest in clean energy and climate solutions for transportation
- Extend the electric vehicle fast-charging network across Interstate 90 and Highway 101
- Support increased production at the state’s biodiesel refineries and oilseed farms
- Establish a new Center of Excellence Alternative Jet Fuels and Environment at Washington State University
- Identify actions to achieve our greenhouse gas emissions limits
- Implement the Yakima River Basin Integrated Water Management Plan
See the Governor’s Clean Energy, Climate Action and Plentiful Water Policy Brief here.