Governor Jay Inslee on February 13 introduced a plan to revitalize Washington’s economy, create jobs, and ensure there are workers with the knowledge and skills to fill the jobs.
Proposed are efforts to:
- Work with legislators and stakeholders to craft a comprehensive, innovative transportation plan
- Pass tax credits for businesses that hire unemployed veterans
- Create a one-stop online tool to help businesses register, track permits, file taxes and get important notices
- Establish Regulatory Innovation Center to streamline government/business interactions
- Adopt House Bill 1693 to provide tax relief to businesses in high-growth sectors
- Expand efforts to help businesses compete for federal contracts
- Address critical shortage in housing for lowincome farm workers
- Work with industry to revitalize Washington’s tourism promotion efforts
See the Governor’s Improving the Business Climate and Expanding Our Workforce Policy Brief here.