By Reeves Clippard, A&R Solar.
Seattle, WA (July 15, 2014) – Solarize Campaigns are all the rage. Solarize is put out by a local non-profit (NWSEED) to help communities leverage group buying power for bulk discounts. A&R Solar was just selected as the preferred contractor by the South (Snohomish) County community group for their Solarize efforts. The first workshop is coming up soon on July 16th from 6:30-8pm at the Lynnwood Library. So spread the word! The press release is below.
Solarize South County is a citizen-led initiative to bring solar energy to homes and small businesses in several communities. A collaborative effort of Northwest Sustainable Energy for Economic Development (Northwest SEED), Snohomish County PUD, the City of Edmonds and a team of volunteers from Lynnwood, Edmonds, and Woodway, Solarize South County is a time-limited initiative designed to help single family homeowners and small businesses purchase solar panels via a streamlined process and group discount. Registration is now open. The first workshop will be held July 16.
The Solarize South County initiative will include a PUD-registered solar installer (that’s us!), selected by a volunteer committee through a competitive process. Participants in the initiative will be eligible not only for the group discount, but also for the PUD’s Solar Express rebate of up to $2500 for residential customers and up to $10,000 for small businesses, along with federal and state incentives for solar energy.
To qualify for a free site assessment and community pricing, interested residents and business owners are invited to attend free educational workshops scheduled monthly, July through September. Registration for Solarize South County is now open at www.solarizewa.org/registration. Workshops are set for the following dates and locations:
- Wednesday, July 16, 6:30-8pm, Lynnwood Library (19200 – 44th Ave. West, Lynnwood)
- Tuesday, August 5, 6:30-8pm, Edmonds City Hall, Brackett Room (121 Fifth Ave. N., Edmonds)
- Wednesday August 20, 6:30-8pm, Lynnwood Library (19200 – 44th Ave. West, Lynnwood)
- Saturday, Sept 13, 10-11:30am, Edmonds City Hall, Brackett Room (121 Fifth Ave. N., Edmonds)
- Please note that this program is only open to residents and small businesses in the following zip codes: 98026, 98037, 98036, 98043 and 98020.
For additional information, please visit www.solarizewa.org.