The Solarize South County Community Coalition seeks applications from qualified community organizations interested in having a donated solar photovoltaic system installed at their facility, an award worth about $20,000, with the added value of up to $1,250 per year in electricity savings and incentive payments.
The equipment will serve as a community award as part of Solarize South County, a project of Northwest Sustainable Energy for Economic Development and Snohomish County PUD.
Qualifying community organziations must:
- Be located in Solarize South County territory, defined by ZIP codes 98020, 98026, 98036, 98037 and 98043
- Own their building or have a minimum 10 year lease
- Have at least 75% solar access
- Have composition asphalt shingle or standing seam metal roof with at least 15 years of useful life remaining
- Provide a highly visible site with good access for the public to see and learn about the solar energy system.
A request for applications can be found at www.solarizewa.org. Deadline to submit is August 21.