Source: OneEnergy Renewables, March 1
OneEnergy Renewables has an opening for a motivated and experienced GIS Project Development Associate to join our team. The successful candidate will work cohesively and collaboratively across regional development teams, work on a diverse selection of solar projects, report to Project Development Directors, and work closely with Project Development Managers to support and advance successful project portfolios nationwide.
Successful candidates will be driven, self-motivated, efficient, and possess a strong attention to detail. Candidates must possess experience in project management and have a track record of successfully juggling multiple projects with competing deadlines and resources.
- Engage with landowners, community stakeholders, governmental/regulatory agencies and external consultants to initiate and advance large-scale clean power projects.
- Assist Project Managers with the coordination of project activities including overall project management, project timelines, cost management and allocation of internal and external resources
- Downloading and compiling GIS layers to facilitate moving into an AutoCAD base map
- Interpreting USGS maps, FEMA maps, NRCS soil survey, National wetlands inventory, ALTA surveys, maps, and other information to identify site constraints
- Applying GIS experience working with ESRI or AutoCAD products to incorporate geolocation into scaled layout drawings
- Utilizing GIS or AutoCAD Civil 3D to analyze terrain and identify suitable slopes
- Collaborating with engineering to prepare GIS data to be transferred into AutoCAD base maps
- Generating shape files and KMZ files
- Working closely with project development teams to modify plans as site constraints evolve during project development.
- Minimum 3 years of proven GIS/mapping experience required.
- Minimum 3 years project management experience in a professional environment required.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong attention to detail with a high level of integrity and organizational capacity to manage multiple projects.
- Strong track record of successful collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Self-motivated with proven ability to take ownership, initiative, and accountability.
- Experience with Google Earth and other GIS mapping tools, as well as experience using online and public resources such as federal, state and county databases.
- Experienced in Microsoft Office/Office 365, Google Apps, and database management.
- Ability to travel and access sites of varying terrain.
Interested candidates are invited to email a cover letter and current resume to: email@example.com