Source: OneEnergy Renewables, March 1
OneEnergy Renewables has an opening for a diligent, motivated, and experienced Project Engineer to join our team. In this role you will participate in and lead utility-scale photovoltaic power plant designs. The position is fast-paced, multidisciplinary, and requires a foundation in engineering and construction. We are specifically seeking a team-player with excellent technical skills and AutoCAD drafting capabilities with a strong track record in solar plant engineering and construction.
- Designing and drafting solar plant site layouts.
- Optimizing solar array physical configuration and inverter architecture.
- Interpreting data, surveys, maps, plans, schematics and satellite images to identify exclusion areas.
- Maintaining intimate familiarity of utility-scale products and specifications.
- Performing energy production estimates using PVsyst or similar software for making efficient and prescient design decisions.
- Preparing appropriately detailed mechanical or electrical drawings to create streamlined communication with permitting agencies, contractors, and utilities.
- Key contributor to the engineering team’s growth in scope and volume.
- Degree in a related engineering required. Advanced engineering experience and professional licenses strongly preferred.
- 5+ years of hands-on engineering design experience in a professional environment.
- Knowledge and background in the renewable energy industry required.
- Excellent understanding of AutoCAD, Google Earth, mapping/GIS software, PVSyst.
- Working understanding of both DC and three-phase electric systems and large-scale solar design concepts
- Hands-on construction experience in related electrical or mechanical systems.
- Experience navigating, interpreting, and applying electrical and building codes.
- Basic understanding of greenfield project development process.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong attention to detail with a high level of integrity.
- Organizational capacity to simultaneously manage multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Proven ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable deliverables to internal and external stakeholders.
- Experienced in Microsoft Office/Office 365, Google Apps, and database tools required.
- Ability to travel and access sites of varying terrain.
Interested candidates are invited to email a cover letter and current resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org