Source: OneEnergy Renewables, March 1
OneEnergy Renewables has an opening for a diligent, motivated and experienced AutoCAD designer to join our team. The successful candidate for this role will participate in and lead utility-scale photovoltaic power plant designs. The position is fast-paced, multidisciplinary, and requires excellent AutoCAD drafting skills and experience with land development. The position will collaborate closely with our Engineering and Development teams on a diverse selection of solar projects. We are specifically seeking an AutoCAD master who can bring efficiency and add skills to our dynamic team.
- Downloading and compiling GIS layers into an AutoCAD base map.
- Interpreting USGS maps, FEMA maps, NRCS soil survey, National wetlands inventory, ALTA surveys, maps, and other information to identify site constraints.
- Applying GIS experience working with ESRI or AutoCAD products to incorporate geolocation into scaled layout drawings.
- Utilizing GIS or AutoCAD Civil 3D to analyze terrain and identify suitable slopes.
- Formatting drawing plots and maintain AutoCAD template files and standards for company.
- Collaborating with engineering to create preliminary layout design of PV systems.
- Generating shape files and KMZ files.
- Working closely with project development teams to modify plans as site constraints evolve during project development.
- Drafting and modifying electrical single line diagrams with support from engineering.
- Preparing civil, mechanical or electrical details as required with support from engineering.
- Minimum 5 years of experience designing and drafting in AutoCAD.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in a professional environment.
- Must have strong AutoCAD drafting skills with experience utilizing layers, blocks, coordinate systems, dimensioning and industry standards.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD Civil 3D or AutoCAD Map 3D a plus.
- Experience with Google Earth or other mapping/GIS tools, as well as use of online and public resources such as federal/state/county databases (e.g., to review land records and environmental factors that may affect project development) a plus.
- Construction experience preferred.
- Continuous interest in learning about cutting-edge technologies in a dynamic and evolving field required.
- Strong attention to detail with a high level of integrity and proven organizational capacity to manage multiple projects required.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office/Office 365, Google Apps, and database tools required.
- Ability to travel and access sites of varying terrain.
Interested candidates are invited to email a cover letter and current resume to: email@example.com