Fledge is a new Seattle organization that has been created to help create and accelerate cleantech and other environmentally-conscious and energy-conscious companies. Fledge is a business incubator/accelerator, modeled after TechStars.
- Teams from around the city, region, and world apply at http://fledge.co/apply
- Fledge chooses 7-10 applicants to create a “cohort”
- Each chosen team receives $7,000 in cash
- Teams will be co-located and will receive entrepreneurial education and advice from mentors
- At the end of 8-12 weeks (programs will vary), teams will show off their companies at a “Demo Day”
In exchange for the cash, training, and services, the companies provide Fledge with a small percentage equity ownership and pay back the cash out of cash flow, allowing Fledge to reinvest it in future cohorts.
Fledge is accepting applications now (http://fledge.co/apply) for its initial cohort, which is scheduled to run mid-July through early-September.
Fledge is run by Michael “Luni” Libes, a serial entrepreneur, Entrepreneur in Residence at the UW Center for Commercialization, and Entrepreneurship faculty at Bainbridge Graduate Institute.
For further details, go visit http://fledge.co.