This WCTA Lunch featured an excellent panel discussion with leaders from the military, cleantech business, and economic development organizations discussing how cleantech companies can engage the Department of Defense for business expansion. Cleantech startups and established players learned about the opportunities in one of the world’s largest energy markets: America’s armed services. Participants were:
- Moderator: WCTA Board Member Tim Stearns, Senior Energy Policy Specialist, Washington State Department of Commerce
- Sean Murphy, Executive Director, Pacific Northwest Defense Coalition. See Sean’s presentation here.
- John Plaza, President/CEO/Founder, Imperium Renewables. See John’s presentation here.
- Paul T. Steucke, Jr., CIV USA IMCOM. See Paul’s presentation here.
- Tim Vinopal, Chief Engineer, Environment, Health and Safety, Boeing: See Tim’s presentation here.
- When: December 7, 2011, 11:00 am-2:00 pm
- Where: Arbor Group/UBS Financial, 925 Fourth Avenue, 18th Floor Conference Room, Seattle
- Thanks to Andrews Wells at Nyhus Communications for organizing this event.