Sponsored by the Western Interstate Energy Board (WIEB) and the CleanTech Alliance
June 25, 2019
- Improve the systems for commercialization of clean energy technologies emerging from western R&D institutions and organizations.
- Build upon the 2016 regional energy innovation workshops sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy.
- Strengthen and broaden the Northwest Energy Innovation Alliance.
- Provide opportunities for WIEB states and provinces to strengthen their relationships with state and provincial R&D institutions to better link policy and technology development.
Invited participants from the June 24 CleanTech Innovation Showcase, WIEB members and Western state and provincial policymakers, and other energy R&D and commercialization organizations from throughout the West.
Masters of Ceremony: Tony Usibelli and Jimmy Jia
8:30 a.m.: Dr. Alan Winter, British Columbia’s first Innovation Commissioner
9:00 a.m.: Growing CleanTech Energy Businesses: New Research Findings
- Moderator: Malin Young, Ph.D., Deputy Director for Science and Technology, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (Invited)
- Ann Goos, Study Consultant
- Craig Husa, President & CEO, Impact BioEnergy
- J. Thomas Ranken, President & CEO, CleanTech Alliance
- Brian Young, CleanTech Lead, Washington State Department of Commerce
10:00 a.m.: Three Breakout Discussion Session I (Policy, Companies, R & D)
11:00 a.m: Networking Break
11:15 a.m.: Three Breakout Discussion Sessions II
12:15 p.m.: Lunch
1:15 a.m.: Group discussion of insights from Breakout Sessions
2:15 p.m.: Where do we go from here?
3:00 p.m.: Adjourn