The 2012-13 Zayed Future Energy Prize contest is a global competition held by MASDAR highlighting innovation and development in the global renewable energy and sustainable technology sector. Each year, an individual, organization and a non-governmental agency are recognized by the judges for their achievements in developing and deploying new renewable energy solutions. There are five categories:
- Large Corporation (A recognition award)
- Small and Medium-sized Enterprise ($1.5 million)
- Non-Governmental Organization ($1.5 million)
- Lifetime Achievement Award ($500,000)
- A Global High School Prize ($500,000 divided amongst 5 regions – Americas, Europe, Asia, Africa and Oceania)
World Future Energy Prize nominations and submissions are now open and due by July 16, 2012. The prizes will be awarded during the World Future Energy Summit in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates on January 15, 2013.
Questions regarding the nomination or submission process can be directed to MASDAR directly at email@example.com or +971-2-653-6012.