Washington State cleantech companies raised $31.3 million in venture capital during the third quarter of 2012. Cleantech accounted for 20% of the total funds raised.
VCs invested a total of $155 million in all sectors during the period. The findings were from the MoneyTree survey.
Here are the cleantech companies that raised venture funds in the third quarter:
- Infinia (Solar): $14.14 million
- Airbiquity (Telematics): $9.89 million
- Targeted Growth (Biofuels): $5.00 million
- Calico Energy (Smart Grid): $2.00 million
- EnerG2 (Battery Technology): 0.27 million
Source: John Cook, Geekwire, October 19, 2012.
Data compiled by the Washington Clean Technology Alliance shows that the sector raised over $200 million in 2007. Fundings thereafter collapsed as the economy dropped and the cleantech bubble burst. In the past three years, however, companies in the field have raised nearly $250 million in new capital.