The Zayed Future Energy Prize, launched in 2008 and managed by Masdar, represents the vision of the late Founding Father and President of the United Arab Emirates, Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan al Nahyan, who championed environmental stewardship as an integral part of UAE history and heritage. This annual award celebrates achievements that reflect impact, innovation, long-term vision and leadership in renewable energy and sustainability.
On January 15, an esteemed list of recipients across five categories of the Zayed Future Energy Prize were presented and celebrated. Through the Prize, achievement in renewable energy and sustainability are recognized. Support is provided to accelerate promising technologies and fund organizations, schools and individuals committed to impacting communities around the world.
In 2013, recipients were recognized across the following categories:
- Large Corporation (Recognition Award)
- Small and Medium Sized Enterprise (SME) ($1.5 million)
- Non- Governmental Organization (NGO) ($1.5 million)
- Lifetime Achievement Award ($500,000)
- Global High Schools ($500,000 divided amongst five regions: the Americas, Europe, Africa, Asia and Oceania – with $100,000 awarded to one High School from each region)
The Zayed Future Energy Prize is seeking nominees for the next round of recipients. Here are the milestone dates of the Prize for 2013. The close of submissions is Monday August 5, 2013.Opening of Submissions: March 4, 2013
- Close of Submissions: August 5, 2013
- Review Committee meeting: September 29 – 30, 2013
- Selection Committee meeting: October 27 – 28, 2013
- Jury deliberations: November 13, 2013
For more information, please contact the Prize directly at: