Accelerate Your CleanTech Startup with Curriculum, Mentorship and Business Connections Powered by CleanTech Alliance and Oregon BEST
Cascadia CleanTech Accelerator opened applications for its 2018 cohort. The business accelerator is seeking clean technology entrepreneurs and early-stage startups that want to speed their path to market with curriculum, mentorship and business connections powered by CleanTech Alliance and Oregon BEST. Applications close April 23, 2018.
Apply online at www.CascadiaCleanTech.org.
“The curriculum is augmented by industry experts who can share both real world experience and connections,” said Harrison Kingrey of Res-Intel, part of the 2017 Cascadia CleanTech Accelerator cohort. “This combination of practical knowledge and networking opportunities creates a solid foundation for growth in the Pacific Northwest.”
Two New Curriculum Modules included in Program Benefits
The Cascadia CleanTech Accelerator program focuses on business modeling, customer discovery, product development, go-to-market strategy, financial planning, funding pathways and creating the industry connections needed to succeed. This year the Accelerator offers two new modules to the curriculum: cleantech manufacturing and environmental sustainability. If your startup will be producing a physical product or is exploring funders or customers wanting you to quantify your environmental impact, this program is for you!
Participating startups benefit from assigned business mentors and access to a deep bench of cleantech business leaders and subject matter experts from across the region. Each participating cleantech startup will receive:
- Mentorship. Match with cleantech industry mentors who have expertise tailored to your business needs. Mentors help with business planning, intellectual property protection, marketing, financing and more.
- Connections that make a difference. The CleanTech Alliance and Oregon BEST networks provide access to businesses, utilities, service providers and investors from across the region.
- Hands-on business and financing workshops. The workshops assist with business model creation, product development, market development and funding strategies.
- Customer discovery assistance. Get help connecting with potential partners and customers to hone your minimally viable product and go-to-market strategy.
- Visibility for your company and brand.Established CleanTech Alliance and Oregon BEST industry events, programs and marketing outreach provide top-level visibility with a targeted audience.
- Compete for non-dilutive funding. Accelerator teams will compete for cash (three prizes totaling $10,000 or more), in-kind prizes, and up to $25,000 for prototyping or proof of concept projects.
- Specialized cleantech skill-building. The curriculum is designed uniquely for cleantech companies, with lessons on cleantech funding pathways, manufacturing, and planning and marketing sustainability.
The 2018 Cascadia CleanTech Accelerator program will run from May through September. Applications close April 23, 2018. Learn more at www.CascadiaCleanTech.org.
About CleanTech Alliance
CleanTech Alliance represents more than 300 member companies and organizations across the greater Northwest region. Founded in 2007 by business leaders, the organization facilitates the generation and growth of cleantech companies, jobs, products and services to advance the cleantech economy. CleanTech Alliance offers a range of business services and benefits uniquely designed to help businesses gain visibility, access services at a lower cost and benefit from public policy. Learn more at www.CleanTechAlliance.org.
About Oregon BEST
Oregon BEST funds and supports innovative cleantech startups across Oregon. As an economic development catalyst, we connect startups with state and federal resources while preparing them for follow-on investment through a series of focused programs. We provide leadership and leverage our expertise, resources, and relationships to achieve impact beyond our scale. We were founded in 2007 as the Oregon Built Environment & Sustainable Technologies Center, Inc (Oregon BEST) — an independent nonprofit supported by the Oregon Innovation Council and Business Oregon. See more at http://oregonbest.org.