Washington Clean Energy Testbeds has an outstanding opportunity for a part-time Business Development Specialist.
This position supports the Washington Clean Energy Testbeds (WCET), an open-access facility that offers customized training on, and use of, instruments for fabricating prototypes, testing devices and modules, and integrating systems. The facility also houses meeting and office space where users from academia and industry work and collaborate. Through special events, Entrepreneur-in-Residence and Investor-in-Residence programs, and community-sponsored networking opportunities, the Testbeds are an active gathering space for cleantech innovators and investors. The hours are 20-32 hours/week, depending on candidate’s experience and preference.
Marketing and Communications Support
- Develop and execute targeted marketing campaigns, including sponsorship and donor programs.
- Design marketing materials, create presentations to support outreach, represent WCET at events.
- Collect and promote user and facility proof points, quick wins and success stories.
- Manage WCET website updates and development as needed, manage social media accounts.
- Develop and maintain regular schedule of e-news from the Testbeds to prospects and external channel partners.
- Determine connection between the WCET facilities and UW Clean Energy Institute research, existing funding programs, expertise, UW startups, potential industry users, and sponsors.
- Develop proactive introductions to new users, donors and sponsors, Maintain CRM database with leads and prospects and advise on proposals and managing quality follow-up with prospects.
- Analyze and recommend networking opportunities, including events, conferences, and meetings for promoting WCET to the intended user base(s) and sponsors.
- Establish and maintain connections to funding: local/public works, State, Federal, and philanthropic/foundation.
- Leverage current user programs and Tech Advisory Council to build a robust user community at WCET.
- Serve as a point of contact for prospective users and as a liaison to WCET experts.
Market Research and Guidance
- Analyze current tactics and marketing plan, maintain marketing plan as a living document.
Identify and cultivate target customer segments within the clean energy and cleantech communities and beyond into other relevant technology sectors.
- Understand complex customer segmentation and determine relative size and interest of each of the groups. Conduct analysis on how best to reach and win new users from each specific segment.
- Consolidate and rate customer prospects.
- Address known market needs and promote the value of WCET, relevant capabilities, and resources as identified by the facility directors.
For more information and to apply, click here.