- Research, Development and Demonstration (RD&D) grants were open for pre-applications on July 17th with a close date of August 31. Application Guidelines are on the web. Successful pre-applicants will be notified by September 11th and full applications will be due October 2nd. Final decisions on applications will be made by November 6th with awards announced around November 15th.
- Grid Modernization work is progressing well and we are expecting to announce the opening for applications in late September.
- Solar Deployment is also expecting to an-nounce their open application pe-riod in late September.
- Electrification of Transportation program and webpage are being built and we are expecting to open for appli-cations in January 2019.
- Energy Efficiency and Solar grant work is ongoing with an estimated opening for applications in late August.
Notice of Funding Opportunity—RD&D Program
Commerce has published a Notice of Funding Opportunity for eligible Energy Research, Development and Demonstration (RD&D) projects under the Clean Energy Fund pro-gram. Applicant’s must be Wash-ington-based entities seeking funds for clean energy projects.
Initial applications are due on August 31, 2018.
All documents can be found on the Energy RD&D webpage here.
Energy Efficiency and Solar Grants Funding
The Energy Division’s, Energy Contracts and Programs (ECAP) Unit anticipates opening the Energy Efficiency and Solar Grants application period by the end of August. The application period will be open for a minimum of 6 weeks. A bidder’s conference will be announced and held as a webinar.
As we receive questions, we will publish and update a Frequently Asked Questions document. For more information on the grants, click here.