Source: NWEnergy.org, February 27
The Coalition is a non-profit alliance of more than 100 environmental, consumer, civic, and human service groups; progressive utilities; energy efficiency and renewable energybusinesses, and other Northwest organizations.
The Coalition’s diverse and active membership, coupled with unrivaled policy expertise, makes it one of the most influential public-interest voices on Northwest energy policy.
The NW Energy Coalition and its members advocate for a clean and affordable energy future for the region based on:
• Meeting all new energy demand with energy efficiency and new renewable resources.
• Full and fair accounting for the environmental effects of energy decisions.
• Protecting and restoring the fish and wildlife of the Columbia River Basin.
• Ensuring equitable and affordable clean energy services for all consumers.
• Informed public involvement in building a clean and affordable energy future.
The 15-member Coalition Board includes representatives of our member organizations as well as at-large board members who are committed to the Coalition’s goals and are not affiliated with a member organization. We currently have one vacancy on the Board. The Coalition seeks candidates from ethnically and geographically diverse backgrounds. The Coalition also seeks candidates with experience in financial management and fundraising.
If you are interested in joining the Coalition’s Board of Directors, email a short statement of interest, your resume, and your phone number to Kat Plimpton at firstname.lastname@example.org by 3/11/19.
In your statement of interest, please describe:
• Why you are interested in serving on the Board
• What skills you will bring to the Board
• Your experience with non-profit organizations
Responsibilities of the NW Energy Coalition Board:
• Mission. Determine NWEC’s mission and purpose. Review periodically.
• Financial management. Provide proper financial oversight. Approve the annual budget. Ensure that proper financial controls are in place.
• Long-range and strategic planning. Ensure effective organizational planning by leading strategic planning efforts and overseeing staff implementation of the plan’s goals and objectives.
• Fundraising and constituency development. Help provide adequate resources for the organization to fulfill its mission, and work to strengthen NWEC’s constituency. Support active engagement with and by NWEC’s organizational members.
• Legal and ethical integrity. Ensure legal and ethical integrity and maintain accountability.
• Programs. Evaluate effectiveness of programs in meeting the organization’s mission. Contribute ideas and support for these programs.
• Public relations. Enhance the NW Energy Coalition’s standing by clearly articulating the organization’s mission, accomplishments and goals to the public.
• Board development. Periodically assess Board skills, needs, and performance. Recruit and orient new Board members. Ensure that all Board members are actively engaged.
• Personnel. Select the Executive Director. Participate in an annual review of the Executive Director. Ensure that the Executive Director has the personal and professional support that she/he needs to further the NW Energy Coalition’s goals. Assure that adequate personnel policies and procedures are in place.