Correction 3:18 PM April 29
The Washington State Capital Budget, approved by the Legislature on Saturday, April 27, 2019, includes $32,600,000 in funding for Clean Energy capital projects.
This is the fourth time that the Legislature has included a significant level of funding for Clean Energy projects in as many capital budgets. In the prior three capital budgets, over $120,000,000 has been allocated—again signaling a strong commitment by the state to establish its leadership in energy technology.
The 2019-21 Capital Budget includes funding for:
- Grid Modernization: $6,107,000 (including Northwest Seaport Alliance shore power electrification: $4,400,000)
- Research, Development, & Deployment: $8,100,000 (including Bioenergy: $1,000,000)
- Loan Programs: $3,000,000
- Pacific Northwest National Laboratory grid scale storage facility: $8,300,000
- Grays Harbor wave energy: $593,000
- Guemes Ferry electrification: $1,500,000
- Washington Maritime Innovation Center $5,000,000
- Total: $32,600,000
You can find the entire Washington State Capital Budget here.