Provide cover letter, resume and two writing samples through the Chamber’s job portal. Applications without writing samples or not received through the Chamber’s job portal will not be considered. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the job is filled.
The Seattle Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce is the largest independent business and employer association in the region, with 2,600 employers representing a workforce of 750,000. We are a business advocacy organization that helps our members thrive in an equitable and inclusive regional economy.
This person executes day-to-day communications to our members and the general public through a variety of channels. Their work reflects a passion for the Chamber’s role as a champion for our members, as well as the value we offer members as an advocate, a convener, and a resource for key services. This person instinctively understands the Chamber’s voice and tone as a business advocate and a regional leadership organization. They are a “go-to” person within the organization who ensures that all communications align with and advance our brand.
The ideal candidate will have at least three years of experience working in communications. Previous communications experience in the policy/political fields, or for a membership organization, is a plus.
This position reports to the Vice President of Marketing and Communications.
Editorial and Copywriting
· Writes, distributes, and amplifies on-brand content, including: website copy, social media posts, press releases/media statements, talking points, op-eds, and email updates from Chamber CEO
· Partners with other departments to ensure that their content is clear, concise, and accurately reflects the Chamber’s key messages
· Manages communications aspects of activation efforts, such as the Chamber’s online letter-writing tool
· Serves as a general editorial resource to staff
Communications Planning and Execution
· Proactively plans and executes timely, compelling communications campaigns that speak to our work and the work of our members, such as:
o Content about the Chamber advocacy priorities
o Member testimonials
o Amplifying news about the Seattle region’s business community