The Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission invites the public to participate in its work to implement Washington’s 2019 clean energy legislation.
The 2019 Clean Energy Transformation Act requires electric utilities to transition to a carbon-neutral supply of electricity by 2030 and source 100% of their electricity from renewable or non-carbon-emitting sources by 2045.
Over the next two years, the commission will conduct numerous rulemakings, workgroups, and other proceedings to implement these changes along with other energy legislation enacted during the 2019 session.
- Comments for the commission’s Purchases of Electricity rulemaking (UE-190837) are due by 5 p.m. Friday.
- The March 17 Incremental Cost Requirements workshop has been rescheduled as a webinar-only workshop. Parties may participate by telephone, but participation by computer will make it easier to facilitate the discussion. The commission will not host an in-person meeting space.
- Meeting link: https://watech.webex.com/watech/j.php?MTID=m6faac380849a18b287ebc87b09be4140
- Password: CETA135!
- Join by phone: +1-415-655-0001, access code: 805 591 462
- The UTC is monitoring the COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) outbreak and its impact on regulated companies and the public. We have added a COVID-19 response page to our website to keep you informed of any future changes to our operations. While we do not restrict any person from attending commission public meetings in person, we encourage remote participation when possible. If you do not feel comfortable attending in person or your organization has enacted a required telework policy, you are able to call in. If you feel sick, we ask that you do not attend in person.