Source: Congressman Adam Smith’s Technology Issues Update, May 31, 2012
The White House has released a $26 million Federal Funding Opportunity announcing a multi-agency Advanced Manufacturing Jobs and Innovation Accelerator Challenge to help catalyze and leverage private capital, build an entrepreneurial ecosystem, and promote advanced manufacturing and cluster-based development in regions across the United States. The deadline is July 9, 2012.
For information, please visit: www.manufacturing.gov/accelerator/index.html. An webinar for the Advanced Manufacturing Jobs Accelerator will be available for viewing on that site in mid May.
A total of fourteen Federal Agencies are supporting the competition, with funding provided by:
- U.S. Department of Commerce’s Economic Development Administration and National Institute of Standards and Technology
- U.S. Department of Energy
- U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration
- Small Business Administration
- National Science Foundation