Application Period for 2013 Climate Leadership Awards is Open Until October 12, 2012
EPA’s Climate Protection Partnerships Division is committed to reducing greenhouse gases (GHGs) through cost-effective partnerships to advance clean energy and energy efficiency across the U.S. economy. As part of this commitment, EPA co-sponsors the Climate Leadership Awards with three partners: The Climate Registry, the Center for Climate and Energy Solutions, and the Association of Climate Change Officers.
The Climate Leadership Awards are national awards that recognizes leadership in response to climate change. In February, the first awards were presented to one individual and 20 organizations who are leading the way in the management and reduction of GHG emissions.
There 2013 recognition categories are:
- Excellence in Greenhouse Gas Management (Goal Setting Certificate): Recognizes organizations that publicly report and verify corporate GHG inventories and publicly set aggressive GHG emissions reduction goals.
- Excellence in Greenhouse Gas Management (Goal Achievement Award): Recognizes organizations that publicly report and verify corporate GHG inventories and achieve aggressive GHG emissions reduction goals.
- Supply Chain Leadership Award: Recognizes organizations that have their own comprehensive GHG inventories and aggressive emissions reduction goals and can demonstrate they are at the leading edge of managing GHGs in their organizational supply chains.
- Organizational Leadership Award: Recognizes organizations that not only have their own comprehensive GHG inventories and aggressive emissions reduction goals but also exemplify leadership both in their internal response to climate change and through engagement of their peers, competitors, partners, and supply chain.
- Individual Leadership Award: Recognizes individuals exemplifying extraordinary leadership in leading their organizations’ response to climate change and/or affecting the responses of other organizations.
- August 22: Application period opens
- October 12: Deadline for 2013 award applications
- January 2013: Winners notified
- February/March 2013: Climate Leadership Awards Gala and Conference
More information here.