Analytica Advisors released the 2013 Canadian Clean Technology Industry Report examining cleantech job creation, export, innovation, and competitive performance. The report observed:
- 52,600 employed directly in cleantech firms, with compounded employment growth of 17% from 2009 to 2011;
- Over 700 companies in Canada;
- $10.6 billion in revenues, one percent of global market-share;
- Revenue growth of 17% from 2010 (compared to less than 2% in the Canadian economy);
- 2011 R&D investments of $1 billion; and
- $5 billion in exports.
Source: Globe-Net, November 8, 2012.