1Energy Systems, Demand Energy, Impact Bioenergy, OutBack Power and SuperCritical Technologies Receive Global Cleantech Cluster Association Recognition
The Global Cleantech Cluster Association (GCCA) named five Cleantech Alliance member companies to its Global Top 30 Later Stage Awards. 1Energy Systems, Demand Energy, Impact Bioenergy, OutBack Power and SuperCritical Technologies will be recognized at a global award ceremony in Taipei in November.
“No one beats Washington State in cleantech innovation,” said J. Thomas Ranken, President and CEO of the CleanTech Alliance. “Having five of our members listed among the top 30 cleantech companies across the globe is a testament to the viability and worldwide impact of our growing industry sector. Each of the five Washington State finalists is doing tremendously important work that will shape the way human kind functions for decades to come.”
GCCA leveraged its Keystone Compact scoring methodology to select the top 30 finalists. The methodology uses data analytics across technology, value proposition, market position and attractiveness to investors. More than 100 companies across the globe were evaluated with the top 30 selected as finalists. The five Washington State finalists include (in alphabetical order):
- 1Energy Systems delivers control system software and power system engineering services to help utilities integrate distributed energy resources into the grid.
- Demand Energy architects the most comprehensive platform for integrating big data analytics with energy storage at the edge of the utility grid.
- Impact Bioenergy creates distributed bioenergy solutions that reduce energy and disposal costs by generating energy from adjacent organic waste streams.
- OutBack Power Technologies designs and manufactures power conversion products and systems for renewable energy, backup power, marine and mobile applications.
- SuperCritical Technologies uses supercritical carbon dioxide power cycles to simplify power generation in compact, modular power units.
The GCCA Later Stage Awards ceremony will be held November 10, 2015, at the Taipei International Convention Center in Taiwan. The GCCA provides access to capital, markets and insights. With a vision of driving sustainable, regional economic development on a global scale, the organization focuses on developing business models and financing innovations to allow cleantech clusters and companies to engage with institutional investors.
About CleanTech Alliance Washington
CleanTech Alliance is the largest state-level trade association of its kind in the nation, representing hundreds of businesses and organizations from the entire state of Washington. Founded in 2007 by business and cleantech leaders, the Alliance facilitates the generation and growth of cleantech-focused companies and jobs, educational programs, research, products, and services. The Alliance provides the perfect forum to share resources and expertise for developing smarter, cleaner more efficient ways of living and doing business. Learn more at www.cleantechalliance.org.
# # #