Partnering with Taiwan for Smarter Solutions
A “smart city” is an urban development vision that aims to develop a city’s infrastructure using energy-effective measures as well as integrating information and communication technology (ICT) and Internet of Things (IoT) technology. This infrastructure includes municipal information systems, schools, libraries, transportation, hospitals, power plants, water supply networks, waste management, law enforcement, and other community services.
For years, Taiwan has confidently proven itself as a major player in the global ICT industry. Indeed, its ICT strength has been manifest in the number of impressive smart city solutions that leverage leading technologies and innovations. Numerous smart city solutions have been successfully implemented and turned in a satisfactory performance for public and private sectors worldwide. Taiwan is undoubtedly your ideal partner to develop smart city solutions.
The Taiwan External Trade Development Council (TAITRA) is delighted to invite you to visit Taiwan October 8–9, for one-on-one-meetings and onsite visits with smart city solution providers and engineering and construction professionals. We have no doubt that Taiwanese companies will help you deliver the smart city solutions you are seeking – integrated systems as well as real-time, convenient services for your upcoming projects.
A. 1-on-1 Meetings
- Date: Tuesday, October 9, 2018
- Time: 09:30 – 17:40
- Location: Conference Room 403, 4F,Taipei Nangang Exhibition Center, Hall 1
- Provisional Schedule:
|10:00–12:00||1-on-1 Trade Meetings ( 2 sessions, each session: 50 minutes)|
|12:00–13:30||Lunch Break (light meal served)|
|13:30–17:30||1-on-1 Trade Meetings (4 sessions, each session: 50 minutes)|
B. On-Site Visits
- Date: Monday, October 8, 2018
- Time: 09:30 am –17:30 (provisional)
- Location: TAITRA TAIPEI OFFICE will arrange an itinerary in consideration of guests’ needs.
- Government procurement tender winner or contractor
- Government agency (with authority to release bids/tenders)
- Consulting firm (provides solutions for resolving government agency issues)
- Construction / turnkey companies (contracted by government agencies)
- System Integrators (contracted by government agencies)
- Groups (implements government essential projects)
What We Offer
- Round-trip economy class airline ticket
- Airport transfers
- 3-nights of accommodations (October 7-9)
- Arrange「1-on-1 Meetings」 &「On-Site Visit」
- Taitronic Taipei 2018 visitor badge (distributed on October 9)
- This package is offered to ONE representative per company.
- Accommodations and transfer services will be arranged by TAITRA TAIPEI OFFICE
- Air fares are reimbursable up to the cost of a round-trip ticket for the shortest route from the visitor’s country to Taiwan, and will be reimbursed by the Taiwan Trade Center following your full participation in the events on October 8–9, and submission of the questionnaire.
How to Apply
Step 1: Complete the application form: Application form of Sourcing Taiwan for Government Procurement
Step 2: Attach evidence of awarded government tenders.
Step 3: Submit these documents to a Representative at a Taiwan Trade Center.
Required documents for airfare reimbursement
- Copy of your business card
- Copy of your passport
- Electronic flight ticket
- Boarding pass
- Receipt of airfare payment
DEADLINE for the Application: Aug 25th, 2018
Ruth R. H. Chang, Director
Taiwan Trade Center, Vancouver
Suite 1730, 650 West Georgia St.,
Vancouver, B. C. V6B 4N8