November’s K&L Quarterly Event was held during our 2022 Energy Leadership Summit
Elizabeth Thomas, Senior of Counsel, K&L Gates LLP
Liz is a lawyer in K&L Gates’ Power Practice Group and also serves on the board of the Clean Energy Transition Institute. Liz represents clients in regulatory, transactional, litigation and policy matters in the energy sector.
Nancy Hirsh, Executive Director, NW Energy Coalition
Nancy Hirsh is Executive Director for the NW Energy Coalition. Nancy directs the Coalition’s efforts to enhance investments in energy efficiency, renewable resources, and low-income energy services through work with utilities, commissioners, regulators, and legislators. She serves on the board of Renewable Northwest and the Centralia Coal Transition Board. She is also on the advisory committee for the Institute for Energy Studies at Western Washington University. From 1996 through 2014 she served as the Coalition’s policy director. Before joining the Coalition, she spent twelve years in Washington, DC working on national energy policy issues for the Environmental Action Foundation and the National Wildlife Federation. She lives in Seattle with her husband, children and dog. When not advocating clean energy solutions, she is an avid backpacker and hiker.
Kurt Miller, Executive Director, Northwest RiverPartners
Kurt Miller is one of the nation’s leading advocates for hydropower’s role in a clean and equitable energy future. As the executive director of Northwest RiverPartners, Kurt represents millions of electricity customers across Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, and Utah who rely on hydropower’s affordability and reliability to power their homes, businesses, and transportation. Kurt has spent most of his 30-year career in leadership positions for electric utilities, bringing expertise in power supply and smart grid initiatives. Kurt loves talking with people about how all of the pieces fit together as we work to reverse climate change and lift up our local communities. Kurt lives in Vancouver, Washington with his wife Jennifer and their two Boston Terriers.
Sponsored by K&L Gates
Sponsoring a CleanTech Alliance event is a great way to get your brand noticed or connect your organization to a clean tech topic. Contact Rachelle@CleanTechAlliance.org for more info, or check out our infographic here.
Upcoming Events Include:
2023 Event Topics:
- February 2023 – Future-Proofing Farming: Will Agriculture Move Indoors?
2022 Event Topics:
- November 2022 – Lower Snake River Dam Removal at Energy Leadership Summit 2022
- October 2022 – Offshore Wind Development on the West Coast
- May 2022 – Decarbonizing Transportation: Public and Private Sector Views on EV
- March 2022 – Reframing the Discussion: Building a Better Future by Decarbonizing the Built Environment
2021 Event Topics:
- September 2021 – The Next Disruptor in the Transition to a Clean Energy Economy: Hydrogen or Fusion?
- May 2021 – The Role of Natural Gas in the Transition to a Clean Energy Economy
- March 2021 – The Biden Clean Energy Plan: Does it Go Far Enough?
2020 Event Topics:
- August 2020 – Is Nuclear Energy Critical to our Carbon Goals?