Gubernatorial candidate Jay Inslee has released a 30-page jobs plan as part of his campaign for governor. His priorities include clean energy, aerospace, the military, small business, information and communication tech, and agriculture. Representative Inslee (D-WA) serves in the US Congress.
Five pages are devoted to Clean Technology. Read the cleantech portion of the plan here. Included in the plan are recommendations to:
- Lead the country in the development and production of advanced sustainable biofuels;
- Update the Energy Independence Act;
- Electrify transportation;
- Remove barriers for renewable energy projects;
- Foster the growth of clean energy/technology companies;
- Align tax incentives to encourage investment in clean technology startups;
- Facilitate technology commercialization activities at our research institutions and drive investment into local companies;
- Create jobs through home and building efficiencies;
- Align utility and customer interest in energy efficiency;
- Attract and leverage public- and private sector capital; and
- Adopt a hands-on approach to recruitment and support for the industry.
Also included in the plan are the proposals to:
- Creation of a new cabinet-level Office of Economic Competitiveness and Development;
- Focus on small business including tax relief for clean energy;
- Investing in regional procurement technical assistance centers (PTACs).
- Improving education and worker training;
- Emphasizing export development.