Republican candidate for Washington State Governor Rob McKenna, in releasing his job creation proposal, says that “If you don’t have a job in this economy, nothing else really matters.” McKenna is the incumbent Washington State Attorney General. McKenna says that his goals include:
- Reducing the state unemployment rate;
- Reducing burdens that hold back existing employers and make Washington less attractive to potential employers; and
- Giving relief to small businesses by improving regulations and the tax structure.
McKenna’s specific proposals include:
- Competitive tax reform;
- Eliminate the workers compensation insurance monopoly;
- Responsible regulation; and
- Liability reform.
McKenna argues that the state needs new leadership with a new attitude towards both the economy and job creation.
Read the entire document here.