The CleanTech Leadership Summit – formerly the Annual Meeting – gathers more than 400 business leaders, investors, policymakers and media from across the Northwest region to shape the future of clean technology collaboration. The event offers an ideal opportunity to build your brand while networking with prominent industry leaders.
The 2018 CleanTech Summit will take place in November in Seattle. Contact Sharon Schierle 206-389-8662 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a sponsorship package to meet your branding goals.
2017 Annual Meeting and 10th Anniversary Recap
The 2017 Annual Meeting (recently rebranded as the CleanTech Leadership Summit) featured speakers Michael Eckhardt of Chasm Institute, Brandon Lee of the Canadian Consulate and Glen Hiemstra of Futurist.com.
In addition, the event included four town hall sessions on what to expect in “the next 10” for the following areas:
- The Future of Energy: Moderated by Daniel Schwartz of the UW Clean Energy Institute, the panel included Curt Kirkeby of Avista Utilities and Reeves Clippard of A&R Solar
- The Future of Cities: Spokane Mayor David Condon spoke about smart cities and Urbanova – a smart city pilot project and partnership between Spokane, Avista, Itron, McKinstry, and Washington State University
- The Future of Transportation: Uber sponsored and moderated this panel discussion which included Govern Inslee’s chief policy advisor, Forth’s director of government affairs, the City of Seattle’s sustainability policy advisor, and representatives from King County Metro and Vulcan.
- The Future of Water: Alyssa Moir of K&L Gates presented
Read the meeting recap for the main highlights from the speakers and breakout sessions.
The CleanTech Achievement Award and two new awards were presented at the event as well. The 2017 winners are featured below.
CleanTech Achievement Award sponsored by Puget Sound Energy
Read a recap on the winners
- Organization: University of Washington
- Individual: David Curry of Demand Energy
CleanTech Vision Award sponsored by Seattle City Light
Read a recap on the winners
- Organization: Impact Bioenergy
- Individual: Virginia Emery of BetaHatch
CleanTech Chairman’s Award sponsored by Boeing
Maggie Brown of APCO Worldwide
Thank You 2017 Sponsors
Principal Sponsors: Boeing and Itron
Supporting Sponsors and Partners:
A&R Solar | APCO Worldwide | British Columbia Trade and Invest | Cairncross & Hemplemann |
Clean Energy Institute, University of Washington | Consulate General of Canada | Doosan | enerG2 | Energy Newsdata | Energy Northwest | GLOBE Forum | Idaho National Laboratory | K&L Gates | McKinstry | Port of Seattle | Snohomish County | Snohomish County PUD | Uber |
UniEnergy Technologies | Wells Fargo Insurance
Economic Alliance of Snohomish County | Tech Alliance | Western WA Clean Cities