The CleanTech Alliance Breakfast Series presents notable clean tech executive speakers for a monthly conversation followed by networking with 100 cleantech industry leaders from across the region. A different speaker and topic is presented on the second Wednesday of each month (8:00 a.m. to 9:40 a.m.) from September through May (except November, which is reserved for the CleanTech Alliance Annual Meeting).
Members-Only season ticket pass sales are open now! Click here for the exciting line-up of our 2021-22 Perkins Coie Breakfast Series events.
June 9, 2021: Tech Transitions in the Last Frontier with Gwen Holdmann, Alaska Center for Energy and Power
Gwen is the founder and Director of the Alaska Center for Energy and Power, an applied energy research program based at the University of Alaska Fairbanks which focuses on community- scale fossil and renewable/alternative energy technologies. Specific areas of emphasis include power systems integration for microgrids, hydrokinetic energy, low temperature geothermal, and diesel efficiency.
Prior to joining the University of Alaska, Gwen worked in the private sector as a design engineer and project manager, including the design and construction of the only operating geothermal power plant in Alaska at Chena Hot Springs. This project received several awards including a R&D 100 award (R&D Magazine) and Project of the Year in the Renewable Energy Category (Power Engineering Magazine).
Gwen has been inducted into the Alaska Innovator’s Hall of Fame, and was selected as a member of Alaska’s Top Forty Under 40.
Save the Date!
- The 2021-2022 Breakfast Series Kicks of on September 15, focusing on Corporate Sustainability Success Stories!
Sponsoring the CleanTech Breakfast series is a great way to get your brand noticed or connect your organization to clean tech topic. Contact Rachelle@CleanTechAlliance.org for more info, or check out our infographic here.
Past Breakfast Series Speakers
Dealing with PFAS & Emerging Contaminants | September 9, 2020
- Featured Joseph Quinnan and Dr. Erika Houtz of Arcadis on emerging contaminants and discuss a more details on PFASs with an overview of sources, emerging regulations and options for managing them if you use them in your process or materials.
Hydrogen & Breakthrough Energy Storage | October 14, 2020
- Featured Andrew Coors, CEO of Steelhead Composites on the many application of hydrogen in energy storage and the clean tech ecosystem
Canadian Innovations| December 9, 2020
- Featured Representative Rajotte (Alberta’s Senior Representative to the United States) Andrew Yague (Strategic Alliance & BD Lead, Awesense), Pierre Blanchet (President, Idénergie inc.), and John Molnar Founder, CEO, CTO, CoEng 2020) on their own innovations.
Blockchain & Energy| January 13, 2021
- Featured ecoLong founder, blockchain advocate, and Chair of Linux’s Hyperledger Social Impact Special Interest Group on the intersection of blockchain & energy.
Campus-Scale Sustainability| March 10, 2021
- Featured Scott Morgan Evergreen State College’s Director of Sustainability, on the challenges of building and maintain a large campus in a sustainable method.
- Special Foreword provided Deborah Stamm, Manager and Principal, Emerald Initiative LLC
Cutting-Development from CAES & INL | April 14, 2021
- Featured Center for Advanced Energy Studies (CAES) Director Terry Brog giving an overview of CAES and affiliated labs energy and technology advancements. Also featured Idaho National Labs (INL) CCO and Corey McDaniel on INL’s development in nuclear and clean energy.
Tech Transitions in the Last Frontier with Gwen Holdmann, Alaska Center for Energy and Power | June 9, 2021
- Gwen Holdmann discusses power systems integration for microgrids, hydrokinetic energy, low temperature geothermal, and diesel efficiency.